dr. Jonathan louw
Jonathan Louw is a Managing Director in the Abraaj Group, the largest Private Equity firm investing in emerging markets.
Prior to joining Abraaj Jonathan was CEO of Adcock Ingram Holdings Ltd, a diversified pharmaceutical and FMCG company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange with operations in Africa and India – during his 13 year tenure his team:
- Built a new manufacturing competence in liquid, effervescent, sterile and solid pharmaceutical preparations, achieving FDA and WHO accreditation
- Further diversified the South African business into FMCG, Diagnostics and Biopharmaceuticals
- Built a highly automated distribution capability in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Expanded operations into Sub-Saharan Africa and India through acquisition and Greenfields operations
- Successfully unbundled and listed the Healthcare business on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
He was also President of the Pharmaceutical Industry Association of South Africa (PIASA), comprising local and multi-national companies.
Before joining the former listed parent of Adcock Ingram, TigerBrands, Jonathan worked for AstraZeneca, a global multinational pharmaceutical company.
Jonathan holds Medical qualifications in the UK and South Africa, where he practiced in Emergency Medicine and Anaesthetics. He also holds an MBA from the University of Cape Town.